Updated July 22, 2020
This privacy notice governs the website theyoungersisters.com and informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data. This privacy notice only covers information collected through this site and via direct communications between you and The Younger Sisters, LLC. It does not cover any information collected at any other website, application or other communication methods such as when you call us, write us, or in any other manner. Your privacy is very important to us.
Data We Collect
The Website offers you the opportunity to register and use certain offered products and/or services, or to provide information about yourself. The Younger Sisters may collect and use personal information voluntarily provided by you in relation to its consulting products and/or services and to provide you with the products and/or services requested. While using our site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal data that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
– Email address – First name and last name – Phone number – Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City – Log In details – Any other information you may provide to us on this site.
Information Gathered From Visitors Automatically
– Log & Device data.
When you visit our site, we may automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit our site. This log data may include the web address you came from or are going to, your device model, operating system, browser type, unique device identifier, IP address, mobile network carrier, and time zone or location.
– Our third-party service providers may provide us information that tells us how our marketing ads, often placed on third-party sites, performed and who clicked on them. This information does not identify any specific individual and is generally non-identifying. If we were to associate it with you, we would treat it as personal data.
– Cookie data. We may use “cookies” (a small text file sent by your computer each time you visit our site) or similar technologies to record log data. Many browsers default to accepting cookies. You may be able to change this setting in your browser and you can also clear your cookies. If you do, you may lose some functionality of our site. Check your browser’s help function to learn more about your cookie setting options. We may use the following types of cookies: – Advertising and analytics: These cookies collect information about who is visiting our site and how users engage with our site. This information does not identify any individual user. It is aggregated and anonymous. Information included in this analysis is the number of visitors to our site, referring websites, pages visited while on this site, time of day visited our site if this is a new or repeat visitor, and other comparable information. This information is used to help us understand the usage of our site, improve and operate our services more efficiently and to monitor the activity on our site. Please see below for a listing of our analytics providers. – Essential cookies: These cookies help run our site and make your experience better. These include cookies that all you access to a members-only part of the site or help the content of our site load quickly. These cookies are only used to provide you with these services. – Functionality cookies: These cookies allow the site to remember preferences you have selected such as login details or other selections you may have made. These are designed to make it easier to use our site and not have to set the same preferences every time. – Social Media cookies: We use social media tools on our site and these cookies allow the social media network to record when you have liked or engaged with a social media tool on our site. In some situations, the social network may send us data that you have set to share. f you do not want the social media network to share information with us, please check your privacy settings with the social media network. – Advertising cookies: These cookies allow you to track browsing habits as you visit the site. Based on your browsing history and with our permission, we use third-party advertising partners who can then display to you a relevant ad when you are on a third-party site such as a social media platform. Within these cookies, we may also know your precise location such as latitude, longitude, GeoIP, and other location-specific information. Please see below for your choices on cookies in the use of advertising.
– To help us make our email communications more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open email from us if your computer supports such capabilities. You can opt out of receiving emails from us. Please see the Your Choices section below.
– We may also use a pixel tag which is a small graphic file that allows us and third parties to monitor the use of the site and provide us with information based on your interaction with the site. These tags may collect the IP address from the device which you loaded the page, the browser type. Pixel tags are also used by our third parties to collect information when you visit our site, the links and other actions you take on our site, and we may use this information in combination with cookies to display targeted advertisements.
– Other data technologies may be used that collect comparable information for security and fraud detection purposes.
How Information Is Used
The information is used to respond to your requests and provide you with the products and/or services that you ask to receive through the Website. The Younger Sisters may also use this information to provide you with marketing materials, unless you opt out as provided below. The Younger Sisters may also collect and use personal information for the purposes of improving our Website and business, and for other related activities. We may use information that we collect about you to:
Sharing and Disclosure
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated by this policy or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared.
We will share your information in the following ways:
With third-party service providers, agents, or contractors. We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with providing services to you. For example, we may engage Service Providers to process credit card transactions or other payment methods. Or, we may engage Service Providers to provide services such as marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to provide customer service, to collect debts, and to analyze and enhance data (including data about users’ interactions with our service). These Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information in order to provide these functions. In addition, some of the information we request may be collected by third-party providers on our behalf. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
Analytics. Specifically for analytics providers, we use Google Analytics, which is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Please note at this time, we do not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “do not track” instructions.
Facebook. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950.
To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217. To see more about Facebook’s participation in the Digital Advertising Alliance please visit the Choices and Individual Rights section of this notice.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation.
We may participate in Facebook.com’s Custom Audience program which enables us to display personalized ads to persons on our email list when they visit Facebook. We provide Personal Information such as your email address to the social media provider to enable it to determine if you are a registered account holder. You may opt-out of participation in this program by contacting us as noted below. You may also opt out of receiving these ads from the social media network directly.
Payment Providers. We may provide paid products and/or services within the site. When we do, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors). We will not store or collect your payment card details. That information is provided directly to our third-party payment processors whose use of your personal information is governed by their own privacy notice. The payment processors we work with adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help to ensure the secure handling of payment information.
The payment processors we work with are:
Links to Other Sites
We may have links on our site to other sites that we do not operate. If you click on a third-party link, you will be taken directly to that site which is governed by its own privacy notice. We strongly encourage you to read that privacy notice. We do not control that site and assume no responsibility for the content, policies or its practices.
The Younger Sisters, LLC will retain your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. We will retain and use your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Choices and Individual Rights:
We aim to take reasonable steps so you can correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you have subscribed to one of our services, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions which are included in the email that you receive or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may be able to block cookies via your browser settings, but this may prevent you from access to certain features of the Website. If you do not want to receive emails from The Younger Sisters in the future, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com. If you supply The Younger Sisters with your postal address online, you may receive periodic mailings from The Younger Sisters with information on services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please let The Younger Sisters know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide The Younger Sisters with your exact name and address. Persons who supply us with their telephone numbers online may receive telephone contact from The Younger Sisters with information regarding services they have used online. Please keep us informed of any changes or corrections to your information and/or status. We outline your choices below:
– Email. As described above, if you do not wish to receive promotional emails from us, you may opt out at any time. If you opt out of a promotional email, we may still send you transactional and administrative emails about this privacy notice or about the products or services you have purchased.
– Cookies. Your browser’s help function should contain instructions on how to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time. – Advertising. You can opt out of online targeted advertising by opting out within the advertisement itself or by visiting Digital Advertising Alliance, http://www.aboutads.info/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/. You can also opt out of the Digital Advertising Alliance using your mobile device settings. – Your rights under certain circumstances. To initiate any of these actions please contact us at email@example.com. – To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you. – To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate. – To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you. – You have the right to data portability for the information you have provided to us. You can request to obtain a copy of this information in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it. We will need to verify your identity before being able to respond to such requests. – Please note that in some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. – Right to Lodge a Complaint. For European Union residents, if you feel that our processing of your personal data infringes on data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state where you habitually reside, your place of work or the location of the alleged infringement. If you are located outside of the European Union, you may have rights under privacy laws in the jurisdiction where you live.
Transfer of Data
This site is operated in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, please know that your information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. By using this site and providing us with information, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States. It is important to note that the privacy laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in other countries such as the European Union. Our service providers use appropriate safeguards to transfer your personal data to the United States.
Collection and Use of Children’s Personal Information
The Younger Sisters has in place certain technological and operational security policies and procedures to protect your personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration or unintentional destruction. The Younger Sisters’ personnel who have access to the data have been trained to maintain the confidentiality of such information. The Younger Sisters recognizes its responsibility for protecting the online privacy of your personal information. If you have questions or comments about our administration of your personal information or would like to opt out of receiving any marketing material from The Younger Sisters, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also use this address to communicate any concerns you may have regarding compliance with this Privacy Statement. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT NO DATA TRANSMISSION OVER THE INTERNET CAN BE GUARANTEED TO BE 100% SECURE. AS A RESULT, WHILE THE YOUNGER SISTERS STRIVES TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, THE YOUNGER SISTERS CANNOT ENSURE OR WARRANT THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION YOU TRANSMIT TO THE YOUNGER SISTERS AND YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. ONCE THE YOUNGER SISTERS RECEIVES YOUR TRANSMISSION, THE YOUNGER SISTERS SHALL MAKE ITS BEST EFFORT TO ENSURE THE SECURITY OF SAID INFORMATION ON ITS SYSTEMS.
We request that you do not send us any sensitive data such as social security or national identification numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, health data, biometrics or genetic, criminal background or trade union membership information. If you do send us this information, then you are consenting to its processing in accordance with this privacy notice. To avoid processing of sensitive data, do not submit it.
Changes to the Policy
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to visit our site after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or get your consent on the new policy.
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please contact us at email@example.com.